L’organizzazione Umanitaria Médecins Du Monde cerca 2 Medici a Reggio Calabria, per un progetto con le popolazioni di immigrati e rifugiati.
qui di seguito annuncio di lavoro:
Settore professionale: Rifugiati e sfollati
Ruolo vacante: MEDICAL DOCTOR /mobile unit coordinator
Nome progetto: 8 NGOs for migrants/refugees’ health in 11 countries
Date di partenza e durata: 03/2016 – non superiore a 12 mesi
The crossing of the Mediterranean Sea by migrants is a phenomenon that has existed for over 20 years. It has increased a lot since the Arab Spring; where over 50 000 people have “landed” on the island of Lampedusa. Since then, the escalation of conflicts, in particular in the Middle East and the hardening of home and protection policies in European countries exacerbate this phenomenon.
In 2015, UNHCR estimated at nearly 1,000,000 the number of migrants who crossed the Mediterranean Sea. Among them, more than 150 000 landed in Italy. In that year, the number of people dead or missing in the Mediterranean is estimated at over 3 750 making it the deadliest sea in the world. Number that we can assume widely underestimated. Migrants come mainly from the Middle East (Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt), the Horn of Africa (Eritrea, Somalia) and, to a lesser extent, North Africa (Tunisia and Egypt) and Saharan.
MdM has open a mission in Italy end of 2015 and is developing activity for migrants on the ground (South of Italy) and at sea (Search and rescue project).
II. Human Resources of the mission
The team is composed by:
– A general coordination based in Rome
– A team to implement the project for access to health for migrants in the south of Italy/ Reggio Calabria (13 staff)
– A team to implement the search and rescue project with our partner SOS Méditerranée (on the boat: a medical field coordinator, a medical team, a welcome team and a communication officer)
III. Overall responsibility
The Medical doctor works under the direct responsibility of the Medical Field Coordinator.
The Medical doctor ensures medical screening and consultation as well as Data collection with the other members of the medical team.
All the team members will support in different duties to covers needs when request.
IV. Duties and Responsibilities
1- Medical consultation & PHCC performance
– Ensure medical consultation
– Ensure the quality of care (according the MdM standards)
– Ensure (with other team members) the clinic is operational: drug & equipment are ready, replacement, cleaning,…
2- Data collection
– Collect medical data in respect of confidentiality
– Testify of medical condition of migrants, participate to activity report
3- Managment of staff (nurse, cultural mediator, data collector etc.)
3- Communication and representation
– Upon request, is able to respond to media requests in the field, in link with the communication department in Paris HQ and with the communication officer.
1. Professional experience
– Experience in a similar position
– Clinique experience
2. Required Skills
– Medical degree (doctor, general practitioner)
– Ability to work in emergency
– Experience in managing staff
– Good management and communication qualities
– Ability to classify and to manage priorities (screening)
– Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
– Organisational skills, rigor
– Italian and English or French are asset, Arabic or Farsi or Eritrean languages are a plus
3. Appreciated qualifications
– Experience in projects funded by international donors
– Experience in mental health, reproductive health, protection and migration project an asset
– Knowledge of migration flows in Mediterranean Sea
send your cv to: email@example.com