MEDICAL AFFAIRS MANAGER METABOLIC DISORDERS
The Medical Affairs Manager (MAM) will provide scientific and medical leadership in establishing and in depth understanding of the medical landscape in the Therapeutic Area, and developing and implementing long-term strategy and building enduring Medical Affairs practices and infrastructure in line with overall Company strategy.
- Develop and maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise within the therapeutic area
- Develop and implement local Medical Affairs Plan and strategy
- Lead the implementation of medical affairs practices to assess new indications
- Identify patients in relevant diseases for inclusion in future clinical research projects
- Actively engage with EMEA and Global Medical Affairs and other functions
- Initiate and support high impact medical education activities, such as advisory boards, congress symposia, hospital meetings and speaker development programs
- Develop and execute a local publication plan, aligned with local and Global strategy and in conjunction with in country functions and EMEA team
- Manage requests in off-label and compassionate use cases
- Coordinate the timely and appropriate response to Medical Information enquires, utilizing global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements
- Provide appropriate and timely medical affairs support.
- Ensure a close working relationship with all functions in country
- Provide medical input direction to the development of impactful scientific and medical education messages and materials
- In conjunction with EMEA clinical operations perform clinical study feasibility and support effective study implementation and ongoing management of sponsored trials
- Support cross-functional teams to ensure operations are patient-focused
- Conduct and provide medical leadership to training programs for the commercial teams and other functions, ensuring to provide medical leadership, education in line with local and global strategy and prepare staff to handle interactions with customers, ensuring the highest level of medical education for all company employees to maximize patient outcomes
- Attend appropriate national and international meetings and congresses
- Background / experience in liver/ gastroenterology and metabolic area a definite plus
- Orphan diseases knowledge/experience a definite plus
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical/scientific literature and develop effective medical strategies and communication strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both local language and in English
- Adaptability to multicultural environment
- Medical degree (M.D.) is a must, experience in clinical practice and in the pharmaceutical or the biotech industry.
Milan residence is a plus .
CV to Pharma Point srl: email@example.com