Pharma Point , on behalf of Daiichi- Sankyo Europe Affiliates, is looking for 2 Oncology Medical Science Liaisons (based in Milan and Rome).
The purpose of the job is to be a therapeutic area Oncology scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner. To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
• Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan
• Communicate the value of company products, contribute to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions
• Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches
• Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations
• Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
• Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development,
• Organization and participation in Medical Education activities: Identify/support/educate speakers
• Act as a reference point for Sales Representatives for any scientific query
• Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution (in close co-operation with HQ and CROs)
• Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
• Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
• Contribute the pre-launch and launch steps of new products providing scientific support
• Represent DS at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, etc at key institutions, and in interactions with key opinion leaders.
• Supports medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
• Assists with the scientific review, development, approval, execution and communication of affiliate medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
• Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree or equivalent with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment in oncology. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is oncology area is “highly” preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of MSL in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment.
• Ability to interact externally and internally to support the business strategy.
• Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols.
• Must possess good oral and written English communication skills.
Curricula to: firstname.lastname@example.org